The question I receive most about this adoption process is: What's next? and "How long will that take?" I ask these same questions, but to be honest I'm not positive about the answers! I can tell you that we have been told that we will be traveling to China in 10-14 weeks. I have also been told by an adoptive mother that enjoys plotting timelines that we will most likely be in China by the end of April. Yikes and hooray! There is so much to do between now and then!
Currently our I800 paperwork is heading overnight to the US government to request they allow Chloe to enter the US. This process takes 2-4 weeks. After we receive the approval we will wait for the National Visa Center to issue her visa approval (i think). This happens 4-7 days from I800 approval. We then fill out more documents which along with the previous 2 documents are then be sent to the US Consulate in China. We then wait approximately 2 weeks for an Article 5 (i don't know), which will be picked up and sent to the Chinese Government for Travel Approval. Once we receive Travel approval we request a consulate appointment in China making Chloe legally our daughter. Once that is confirmed we book our tickets and go get our baby!
Yes, its very confusing, and no I don't know what I am doing. I am very thankful for a supportive Facebook adoption group that has much more knowledge than I, and is more than happy to share!
Many people have asked how they can help us. Let's be honest, adoption is expensive! So far we have been able to pay-as-we-go and all the fees up to this point have been paid without taking any loans or incurring debt! That is a testimony of God's provision. If you had told me a year ago that we could cash flow this adoption I would have laughed out loud! We are down to the finish now and there are a few large payments that will need to be paid with travel to China. This is where we are asking for you to partner with us. We have set up a T-shirt fundraiser with Bonfire Funds. I was able to create my own design and they give us all the proceeds after manufacturing costs. They sell T's in Adult, Kids, Long Sleeve and hoodies! All the funds raised from this will go towards Chloe's orphanage donation. In China it is customary to give the orphanage a cash donation as a thank you for providing care for your child. We are very grateful for the care Chloe has received and are thankful that the money will go towards the children that are awaiting their forever families.
https://www.bonfirefunds.com/lyttle-family-adoption-1
Here is the link to our T-shirt fundraiser. Thank you for checking it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment