Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Small but mighty

Lots of stuff going on in the Lyttle household recently. More specifically, lots of germs being shared in the Lyttle household. Chloe is doing her best to get every sickness that America has to offer, and she has worked her way through quite a few of them this winter. One of the worst parts about her being sick is that whatever weight we have finally put on her comes right back off, and we start over at square one. 10 months home and she has successfully gained a whopping 3 lbs. I do realize that she is going to be tiny, but its hard when I am used to my bio kids who weighed well over 20 lbs at one year. Learning to be thankful for growth no matter how small. On the plus side, at last check she has gained 4 inches in those same 10 months. At least we are shooting up!

           
Teagan at 1 year
Chloe at 3 years


In other news, we have had eye exams done on both our girls. Going into the exams we all assumed Chloe would come out with glasses. She likes to hold things approximately 1 inch from her face, and also likes to cross her eyes. However, we were all surprised to find out that it was Teagan that needed glasses for reading. Chloe does have some issues that the eye doctor will be watching, but at this stage no glasses for her. Teagan was excited and told me repeatedly "Told you I needed glasses!". As someone who had glasses as a child, I am absolutely shocked at her excitement. There was certainly no excitement for me when I had glasses. I recall much ridicule from mean kids, and some horribly ugly glasses (it was the 80's after all). Thankful that Teagan has good friends and there has been no bullying as of yet. Plus, she totally rocks the glasses look.




I'll leave you with a little something sweet... The other day Chloe fell asleep in my arms at bedtime. Ben was nearby watching TV and when I got up to put her into bed, he asked "Is she asleep? Can I give her a kiss?" I told him yes, he sweetly kissed her forehead and then said "One more?" He has the biggest heart! He will make a fine daddy one day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment