Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Community (new pics!)


One of the great things about adoption is the community that you become a part of. Through FB I have connected with many other families that are in various stages of their adoption journey. It has been a wealth of information and support for me during each stage of our journey, whether it be questions on paperwork, timelines, special needs, orphanages, or really anything that comes to mind, these people have been through it and are glad to share their knowledge. It has been amazing. While we were waiting for a match, I whined and had pity parties, and they understood and commiserated. When we got a referral, my fb page blew up with likes and comments and lots of encouragement at our news and her pictures. As we have quickly moved through the process to get Chloe, we have been cheered on. When no one else quite "gets it" I know that these people will. 

Shortly after being matched with Chloe I found a group that was specific to her orphanage. Through this group I have connected with families that also have children living in her room and recently a family traveled to pick up their daughter. This family was able to get some pictures of our sweet girl and love on her. We were told that the Nannies are wonderful and Chloe is well cared for. My favorite part is that they whispered in her ear that her mommy and daddy love her and are coming for her. She may not understand it all but it has certainly touched my heart. 


The family shared that she was the first to give hugs and to say hello. She is so tiny, I was surprised to see her size compared to their daughter. We are going to have to feed this girl some cheeseburgers! We are so thankful for these pictures and treasure every picture and news of our girl. We are so grateful to this family, I can't wait to be able to do the same for other families when we travel. 

We are coming little one! I can't believe you will be in my arms in a months time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment